What would happen if you smothered a filet of say, cod, in salsa and cheddar cheese and baked it? That was the question I sought to answer with this next recipe. It was incredible!
= INGREDIENTS =
1 1/2 lbs of Cod or Tilapia, cut into even portions
2 cups thick & chunky Salsa
1/2 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
2 cups Mexican Cheese Blend, shredded
1/2 cup Tortilla Chips, coarsely crushed
1 fresh ripe Avocado, pitted and sliced in 1/2″ slices
1/4 cup sour cream
= DIRECTIONS =
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly grease one or two 8×12″ baking pans
3. Rinse the fish under cold water and dry with paper toweling.
4. Lay filets side by side in the baking pan(s)
5. Pour the salsa over the top, sprinkle evenly with cheese and tortilla chips
6. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily.
Serve with avocado slices, sour cream and cilantro on top.
A good side for this dish would be spanish rice.
Makes about 6-8 servings.